Friday 8 June 2007

Oops: the King of Timing strikes again

Oops silly old Vogel

  • I didn't realize that draft entries stay at the date you started them, rather than picking up the date you publish. So you might want to look at this new entry which has suffered from being drafted for quite a while and thinks it's in May.

  • Oh and I have added photos, which you may not have seen, to this story. Wasps' nest anyone? Tables on grass for picnic event? Yes, those ones.

Yes indeed. Thank you for reading this Editorial Flow Control announcement. Ahem. Yes.

2 comments:

Lottie said...

I don't know about your other hundreds of readers, but I for one don't need it pointing out when things have been posted/changed - I use www.bloglines.com to keep track of all the blogs I read. It notifies me when someone publishes a new post, and when I'm not at My Computer (like now!) I can log-in to the website to see if there's anything new. Thank you for the effort all the same!

Strawberryyog said...

Ah, I see. I guess I was assuming that at least some of my hundreds (nay, thousands) of other readers would be at a similarly primitive level to myself: on my own, I certainly wouldn't have noticed those changes were they on someone else's blog.

I'm glad to hear that you have some clever updatoid thingy - I am not sure if this means I should no longer worry about this issue (that is, assume most people would do something similar), or not worry anyway because it's a rare event, or not worry anyway because I have almost no readers, or continue to do stuff like that if I feel it's warranted and might be vaguely helpful ... erm .. ah .. erm ... yesh. I suppose as usual it turns out that the system is cleverer than I think, or at least it can be, in the right hands.