Tuesday 8 January 2008

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Don't you just hate blog entries where snotty middle class parents witter on about how talented their kids are? Yeah, me too, I detest those vile people. Fortunately the von Neustadt family has always worn its (considerable) talents lightly and has never felt the need to celebrate some trivial achievement with anything much more than the torching of a few peasant cottages and the roasting of several dozen oxen, preferably someone else's. (Indeed the two celebratory methodologies may at times have been related, but I digress.)

As a result of my quality upbringing and that aristocratic detachment which marks out the officer classes and especially the better cavalry regiments, then, I shall just casually drop into this blogological entity the fact that the Infanta Marfs just rang me to say that

SHE
GOT
A
DISTINCTION
IN
HER
GRADE
EIGHT
CELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay woooooo woooooooo woooooooooooooooo woooooooooooooo woo go Marfs!!!!

Woo!

Woo.

W- ahem yes indeed. Thank you for your attention: you may now go back to work. Mr Thompson, serve the tea if you please.

PS Woooo!

PPS With regard (woo) to this pleasing outcome I shall also respectfully remove my hat in the presence of Vicky, cello teacher (and possessor of saintly tolerance) extraordinaire, and Anna, accompanist (or "collaborative pianist"?) and emergency aural tests genius by appointment to the daughters of the aristocracy. I'm like nuff respeck ladeez yay woo.



Update: I should probably point out that, as you know, I've only been running this blog for eight months or whatever. Had I been running it for a few years, there would of course have been similarly calm announcements concerning similar, ah, decorations granted, to at least two of my large fleet of other daughters, by the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. An Ting. Just thought I should say that before I get slapped around by some indignant young musician. Ahem. Yes.

No comments: