Tuesday 1 January 2008

Gig-a-Blog™ (Anakay Koshka, St Anne & St Agnes)

Monday, 3 December 2007

Anakay Koshka (violin): J S Bach, Partita No 2 in D minor BWV 1004; Sonata No 1 in G minor BWV 1001.

Pure bliss. This was one of the most fabulous concerts yet: I felt as if I could have listened, enraptured, all day.

It seems ridiculous to be trying to pick things out from an amazing concert like this, and anyway I didn't want to even try to make notes because I felt so bound up in the atmosphere. Nevertheless I must just mention the ciaccona (chaconne) which is such a massive, profound movement that it takes your breath away. In fact I see it gets a pretty good press (for example here on the Wiki) and indeed Mrs von Neustadt, no reluctant critic of fiddle players, was, like, nuff respeck due over this whole programme. (In other words, no, it's not just me. Phew.)

Hats off to Anakay Koshka for a truly stunning performance.

No comments: