Wednesday 19 November 2008

Gig-a-Blog-a-gone-a-bit-orf™ (various, St Anne & St Agnes inter alia)

Oh dear. The whole Gig-a-Blog™ thing has got a bit difficult to sustain.

[A long and exceptionally boring discussion is here omitted. Phew, eh?]

Executive summary:

  • I've chucked out a load of half-finished ones which had lost their way. One or two might have been interesting but none were really worth saving, now matter how wonderful were the concerts that they represented (or rather, failed to represent).
  • One had a proper disaster, of the many paragraphs-lost-for-ever-sort. Before, it was on its way to being usable, but afterwards it was very much otherwise.
  • I'm going to try to rescue a couple that are almost-OK.
  • I'm not going to try to keep the Gig-a-Blogging™ at its previous level. Life's too short to risk letting a happy diversion start to feel like a millstone. Well mine is anyway.
  • I've been to loads of lovely concerts about which I did or didn't write. I will be going to loads more lovely concerts, about which ditto ditto blah etc. It's not possible to reach any conclusion regarding those that don't get into the blog. They're victims of my time management and memory: it's got nothing at all to do with whether or not I liked them!
  • My idea about the original procedure for St Anne's Gig-a-Blogging™ was that it was just what I wrote during the concert and on that evening's commute home ... if I felt like it. Back to the Rule, d'you think?

I think that's pretty much it. Thank you for listening. Vogel out.

No comments: