Tuesday 20 July 2010

I'm after your money ... please!

Hello. If you read this blog and like it or me at all, or even if you hate me and it - I really don't mind - please consider coughing up a few quid or dollars or whatever to help...

I do hate people grovelling to their online friends for charity money ... er, unless it's really necessary. Please follow this link and scroll down to "Medical Bills for orphan hit by car". I guarantee that this is the real deal and that every dollar you donate is a DIRECT help. The cool thing is, if a few friends donate 5 or 10 bucks/quid/whatever each that very quickly builds. No-one's expecting you to go there and donate crazy money, but, like I say, a few bucks ... all the difference. Sorry to grovel like this but please please go and have a look. Thanks!

Just to clarify:

  • Kaihura is Martha's village.
  • The people making the appeal, who run the orphanage, are Martha's friends.
  • The kid injured in the RTA is well-known to Martha and was in her class at school.
  • Hospital treatment in Uganda costs ... not a fortune by US or UK (private) standards, but it costs.
  • You can help very directly. Thank you.

3 comments:

Strawberryyog said...

Please don't be put off if you are not in the USA and the KTA donation form seems unfriendly to your address, demanding a numbers-only zip code. I just cheated and put in only the numbers from my postcode, which seems ridiculous, but it worked. Thus if my postcode were E17 4JF I would have put simply 174 - no problem! go figure, as they say ...

Lottie said...

Done xxx

Strawberryyog said...

Thanks Lot!! xxxxx